Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The measurement of pain; prototype for the quantitative study of subjective responses.Pharmacol Rev. 1957; 9: 59-209
- Refinement of thermal threshold probe to prevent burns.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2010; 37: 87
- Chapter 23 The forelimb of the horse.in: Dyce KM Sack WO Wensing CJG Textbook of Veterinary Anatomy. 4th edn. Saunders Elsevier, Missouri, USA2009: 586-623
- Chapter 24 The hindlimb of the horse.in: Dyce KM Sack WO Wensing CJG Textbook of Veterinary Anatomy. 4th edn. Saunders Elsevier, Missouri, USA2009: 624-643
- Effect of detomidine on visceral and somatic nociception and duodenal motility in conscious adult horses.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2009; 36: 162-172
- The influence of various confounding factors on mechanical nociceptive thresholds in the donkey.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2014; (E-publication ahead of print Feb.)https://doi.org/10.1111/vaa.12132
- Animal models of nociception.Pharmacol Rev. 2001; 53: 597-652
- 2009: 32-47 (PhD. University of Bristol) Advances in the objective evaluation of pain and analgesic efficacy in horses.
- Thermal and mechanical nociceptive threshold testing in horses: a review.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2011; 38: 3-14
- Effects of acepromazine, butorphanol and buprenorphine on thermal and mechanical nociceptive thresholds in horses.Equine Vet J. 2012; 44: 221-225
- Anaesthesia and analgesia of the donkey and the mule.Equine Vet Educ. 2013; 25: 47-51
- Thermal and mechanical nociceptive threshold testing in pregnant sheep.Vet Anaeth Analg. 2014; 41: 305-311
- Individual differences in pain sensitivity: measurement, causation, and consequences.J Pain. 2009; 10: 231-237
- Investigation of the antinociceptive activity of buprenorphine in sheep.Br J Pharmacol. 1987; 92: 527-533
- Antinociception in the rat induced by a cold environment.Brain Res. 1990; 507: 11-16
- Effect of thermal probe application pressure on thermal threshold detection.Musc Nerve. 2008; 38: 1498-1505
- Effect of systemic lidocaine on visceral and somatic nociception in conscious horses.Equine Vet J. 2005; 37: 122-127
- Effect of fentanyl on visceral and somatic nociception in conscious horses.J Vet Intern Med. 2007; 21: 1067-1075
- Effect of acepromazine, butorphanol, or N-butylscopolammonium bromide on visceral and somatic nociception and duodenal motility in conscious horses.Am J Vet Res. 2008; 69: 579-585
- Gender and laterality differences in thermosensation throughout the perceptible range.Pain. 2003; 106: 9-18
- Comparison of nociceptive withdrawal reflexes and recruitment curves between the forelimbs and hind limbs in conscious horses.Am J Vet Res. 2003; 64: 700-707
- Effect of ambient temperature on human pain and temperature perception.Anesthesiology. 2000; 92: 699-707
Wegner K, Soma LR, Ippolito M, et al (2010). Validation of a wireless thermal and mechanical nocicpetive testing device in horses. Presented at the Penn Vet Annual Faculty Research Retreat, Kennett Square, USA.
- Effect of flunixin meglumine on the thresholds to mechanical stimulation in healthy and lame sheep.Res Vet Sci. 1995; 58: 61-66
- 1998: 104-131 (PhD. University of Bristol) The perception and relief of pain associated with lameness in dairy cattle.
- Nociceptive responses to high and low rates of noxious cutaneous heating are mediated by different nociceptors in the rat: electrophysiological evidence.Pain. 1996; 68: 141-150
- Low but not high rate noxious radiant skin heating evokes a capsaicin-sensitive increase in spinal cord dorsal horn release of substance P.Brain Res. 1997; 752: 143-150