Conclusions and clinical relevance
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Lessons for pediatric anaesthesia from audit and incident reporting.Pediatr Anaesth. 2011; 21: 758-764
- Consensus-based recommendations for standardizing terminology and reporting adverse events for emergency department procedural sedation and analgesia in children.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 53 (e4.): 426-435
- Risk of anaesthetic mortality in dogs and cats: an observational cohort study of 3546 cases.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2012; 39: 59-68
- An evidence-based medicine approach to small animal anaesthetic mortality in a referral practice: the influence of initiating three recommendations on subsequent anaesthetic deaths.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2014; 41: 249-258
- Voluntary reporting system in anaesthesia: is there a link between undesirable and critical events?.Qual Health Care. 2000; 9: 203-209
- The risk of death: the confidential enquiry into perioperative small animal fatalities.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2008; 35: 365-373
- NCEPOD, UK2000 Then and now: The 2000 Report of the National Confidential Enquiry Into Perioperative Deaths.
- A survey of anaesthesia in small animal practice: AVA/BSAVA report.Vet Anaesth Analg. 1990; 17: 4-10
- Preventable anaesthesia mishaps: a study of human factors.Anesthesiology. 1978; 49: 399-406
- Effects of information feedback and pulse oximetry on the incidence of anesthesia complications.Anesthesiology. 1987; 67: 686-694
- Recommended guidelines for uniform reporting of data from out-of-hospital cardiac arrest: the Utstein Style. A statement for health professionals from a task force of the American Heart Association, the European Resuscitation Council, the Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada, and the Australian Resuscitation Council.Circulation. 1991; 84: 960-975
- Stationery Office, UK2000 An Organisation with a Memory.
- Morbidity and mortality associated with anesthetic management in small animal veterinary practice in Ontario.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 1998; 34: 325-335
- Overview of medical errors and adverse events.Ann Intensive Care. 2012; 2: 2
- Complications and mortality associated with anesthesia in dogs and cats.J Am Anim Hosp Assoc. 1999; 35: 13-17
- Canine anaesthetic death in Spain: a multicentre prospective cohort study of 2012 cases.Vet Anaesth Analg. 2013; 40: e57-e67
- How do we know that we are doing a good job – Can we measure the quality of our work?.Best Pract Res Clin Anaesthesiol. 2011; 25: 109-122
- Procedural sedation goes Utstein: the Quebec guidelines.Ann Emerg Med. 2009; 53: 436-438
- Integrating incident reporting into an electronic patient record system.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2007; 14: 175-181
- Clinical factors associated with the non-utilization of an anaesthesia incident reporting system.Br J Anaesth. 2011; 107: 171-179
- National Academy Press, USA2000: 1-16 To Err Is Human: Building a Safer Health System.
- Adverse event reporting tool to standardize the reporting and tracking of adverse events during procedural sedation: a consensus document from the World SIVA International Sedation Task Force.Br J Anaesth. 2012; 108: 13-20
- The Helsinki declaration on patient safety in anaesthesiology.Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2010; 27: 592-597
- Normal values and incidence of cardiorespiratory complications in dogs during general anaesthesia. A review of 1281 cases.J Vet Med A Physiol Pathol Clin Med. 2007; 54: 470-477
Chaseview Veterinary Clinic Ross-on-Wye, UK